skillet n : a pan used for frying foods [syn:
- , /ˈskɪlɪt/, /"skIlIt/
- Rhymes with: -ɪlɪt
- A pan for frying, generally large and heavy.
- Heat some oil in a cast-iron skillet and add the onions.
- A dish or meal cooked in such a pan.
- This is an easy skillet with potatoes and bacon.
- In the context of "US|as a modifier": Cooked in a skillet.
- Can you make up a quick skillet hash?
Usage notesAlthough somewhat common, skillet is less
common than frying pan in American English. It is not likely to be
recognized in British English, where the term frying pan is used
Skillet may refer to: